Published : 2019-04-25 11:28:23
The heating season has definitely come to an end, so it is worth thinking about the maintenance of VOLCANO heaters and WING curtains.
This is the right time for this type of operation in the case of both devices – it is worth checking the heaters after the season and preparing them before the next season to eliminate any possible problems, while in the case of curtains, it is worth making sure everything is OK before the season of pollen and increased occurrence of insects begins.
The inspection carried out in the spring also gives the opportunity to plan additional service activities and possible repairs, and the fact that there is no need to use the heaters at the moment means that any possible repairs do not require immediate action, which reduces their costs. In the case of maintenance in the autumn, any repairs will have to be carried out immediately so as not to cause any downtime in the heating of the building.
So how to carry out a proper inspection of VTS devices?
1. The review should start with cleaning the exchanger from possible deposits, dust and grease (which, moreover, we recommend doing regularly). This is done by sweeping the heat exchanger with compressed air:
- VOLCANO water heaters – from the side of the air blades (it is not necessary to disassemble the device; however, attention should be paid to the exchanger laths, which are delicate),
- WING curtain with a water exchanger and electric heater – from the side of the air intake – here also attention should be paid to the heat exchanger laths.
If, however, we do not have a device that produces compressed air, the easiest way is to use a vacuum cleaner that will extract unwanted dirt from the exchanger.
WARNING!!! In the case of bending the laths, they should be straightened with a special tool that can be purchased in electrical installation warehouse stores.
2. The air outlets in the air curtain and the air guides in the heaters should be cleaned with a damp cloth from any deposits, dust and grease.
3. Finally, it is worth making a general inspection of the heating system. Pay attention to the condition of the hydraulic and electrical connections.
Any leaks should be eliminated because any leakage may, after some time, turn into a serious failure.